A Bridge fixes a replacement tooth (or teeth) to the natural teeth on either side of the gap. Some bridges have crowns at each end. Others are fixed to the surface of the teeth next to the gap. Sometimes a bridge is only fixed to the tooth on one side of the gap.
Bridges are made of metal and porcelain, sometimes just porcelain, and occasionally composite.
- A bridge lets you forget that you have missing teeth.
- It can improve the way you look, bite, chew and speak.
- The teeth can be matched to the colour of your own teeth or the colour improved.
- A bridge can last many years if you keep it clean and if there is no accidental damage.
- Adjacent or opposing natural teeth are protected from wear and tear or from moving or tilting out of line or from over-eruption which can lead to unnecessary problems.
<< Click arrow
See more procedures >>
dedicated to dentistry
Mr David Lubbe BChD
Dr Ian Tinkler BDS
Aesthetic Private Dentists
28 North Road